POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: Group Movie Project Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group Movie Project
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 10 May 1998 18:25:34
Message: <3556295E.29AAC4B7@bigfoot.com>
Hi All,

Gary Shannon wrote:

> There seem to be a handfull of people interested in a group movie making
> project.  Any voluteers to coordinate the project? (I guess what we need is
> a "producer" to spearhead the whole thing.)

You're going to like that one : you wrote 'spearhead' but for a short while I believed
I had read 'shepherd', sort of the same idea anyway, isn't it ?

> Maybe a central web-page or newsgroup to provide a meeting place for people
> interested in the project?  A place to exchange ideas and information,
> divide up the tasks, etc. etc.....

Yes, we do need someone there with some experience and a lot of spare time. A student
who has already got some sort of experience of project co-ordination would be an ideal
person.
If you also want to go to the bother of having a newsgroup, that requires another
dedicated person just to maintain this side of things.

I do not have time for that sort of heavy involvement, as I have one very demanding
project, but I will have some time for contributing (and unlike what Lance joked about
: no I won't give my CPU, no way - just a bit of time on it). Also if help was
required with languages, I do speak French and my partner in life speaks Polish ...

But before we start anything, we should know what sort of way we want to work : just
ad hoc - as the inspiration comes, or very organised & structured - both can be cool
and manageable provided we know what we want.

Cheers,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.